Binfer Desktop App Version 5.1 Is Live!
Chicago, September 27, 2019
Binfer, a secure communication and file sharing software, announced today the launch of its latest desktop application, Binfer Desktop Version 5.1. The debut of its latest release comes with many new features that will improve user experience and continue Binfer’s march towards freeing the world of slow and insecure cloud-based data transfer solutions.
To date, Binfer’s desktop product has provided an all-in-one platform for privately sharing and exchanging files with no size limits. Its latest release includes several improvements plus two additional modules for Private Chat and Private Drive (by invitation only). These new additions significantly expand Binfer’s core offering and bring it one step closer to being the best all-in-one platform for large file sharing and private communication.
Intuitive Action Button
- ‘Share via Binfer’ (‘Message’ from Binfer 5.0). Allows to share messages and files with other Binfer users
- ‘Share via Web Link’ (‘Link’ from Binfer 5.0). Allows to send messages via Web Link if the receiver doesn’t have Binfer App installed.
- ‘Receive via Web Drop’. Allows to receive files directly from other people without requiring them to install the Binfer app.
- ‘Sync Between Devices’. Allows to set up synchronization rules to sync the contents of a folder with one or more devices.
- ‘Start a Private Conversation’. Allows to chat privately with another Binfer user.
- ‘Create a Private Drive’. Allows to share a folder on the computer with anyone.
Introducing Private Chat
Private chat allows for one on one chatting with other Binfer users. Files can also be shared via chat message. It also supports auto-resume of interrupted transfers. Private chat can be started by double clicking on the contact from the right panel.
Significant Improvements To Sync
- Sync function works better than ever with updated algorithms. Files now sync faster than ever and consume much less processing.
- Sync deletion feature has been added. This option is only available if “Two-way sync” is selected. When selected, all files deleted from the synced folder by any member will be deleted across all devices on the sync rule. This now allows for true ‘mirroring’ of data across multiple devices.
Several Other Improvements!
- Enhanced custom Web Drop and Web Links: embed web drops and web links into the website to receive files.
- Updated help pages: existing help pages have been improved with detail descriptions and print screens.
Binfer is Redefining Secure Communication
Binfer solves the cloud dilemma by putting 100% control in the hands of its users. Large files and sensitive documents are moved directly between devices, never being stored on outside servers. This means neither Binfer nor anyone else outside of the direct connection ever has access to the transferred data.
In addition to privacy, an added benefit of direct device to device connectivity is that transfer times are 50% faster, with no size limits. In a world where file sizes are growing and security concerns are rising, Binfer is the perfect alternative for you secure communication and private large file sharing needs.